What’s the difference between The Community Schools’ Easter Grade Booster Courses and typical private sector “crammer courses”?
One of the main differences is fee prices. The Community Schools offers access to affordable and exceptionally good quality tuition in Kesgrave Community Centre and at Bury St Edmunds Farmer’s Club. The majority of our students attend local state schools.
The Community Schools classes in English, Maths and Science at GCSE or AS/A Level are led by subject specialist tutors who are qualified teachers and who have experience gained in successful state schools. We share the best quality teaching and learning methods that have proven so successful in the leading state schools. Our tutors are familiar with the culture of state school education, so we’re well qualified to offer relevant support on any aspect of learning or exam prep.
Another major differentiator is our small class size. Our Grade Booster Courses are delivered in groups of 2 – 5 students. Traditional private sector “crammers” typically have 5 – 10 students per class. Running our Grade Booster Courses in small groups helps to keep fees affordable and fosters a supportive team spirit among students. One-to-one private tutoring environments can feel too awkward and intense to many young people.
Our Grade Booster Courses:
- are tailored to the needs of individual students (in our experience, students thrive when they are free from “one size fits all” lesson plans, worksheets, online tests or the restrictions of set text books. We teach using whatever methods and references work best for you).
- provide excellent individual support in any areas of concern.
- provide effective strategies for avoiding stress.
- help you to organise your own learning and improve your own revision skills.
- give guidance on which are the key topics to focus on for success